Friday, October 31, 2008

Flashback Friday! Boo!

Happy Halloween! Oooooooooo! Woooooooo!




While getting ready to write today's post, I was trying to remember what my most memorable Halloween was, from my youth. And to tell you the truth, they all just kind of blended together. I remember having to trick or treat almost every year in snow up to our knees, various church parties, and certain costumes from my past.

Some of my most memorable costumes were my Little Red Riding Hood costume from when I was 4 or 5, my plastic witch mask from the 70's, and do you remember those dumb costumes where you blew up the head, that looked like some odd creature, and then attached it to the top of your head? Yeah, I sported that nifty costume in the early 80's. Unfortunately I do not have a copy of any photo's of me in a Halloween costume to show you. None! They are all tucked away in a closet, home in Wyoming.


I did, however, come across a photo that is just as scary as any other costume out there.


Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!



I know the quality of the picture is horrible, but I'm pretty sure the ugly is coming through quite nicely. Apparently, I was in the sun quite a bit more this summer, because my freckles grew in massive amounts. My teeth were incredibly slow to grow in, once I lost them, so there fore I was left with gaps wide enough for ships to pass. I believe the photographer slipped us some wacky tabacky... I look high as a kite.

Eee-Gad! Look what I just found a picture of... In fact, I was this particular Kooky Spook.




Even though I do not have any pictures of me in a Halloween costume, I do have a few from some of my friends.

Marty wowed the crowd with his costume! The "Bread Basket" turned out to be the trickiest Operation skill to conquer, due to the questionable location.




After Wonder Woman's tv series was finished, she fell into a deep depression and snacked on Little Debbie's, obsessively. We were all glad to see her use her
gold lasso of truth, again.



Xena... the Warrior Princess



Gaylord to the rescue!



And then there's Barney... You can't forget Barney! He dressed up as his idol, The King. Remember how Barney serenaded me, in a desperate attempt to get me to go to the dance with him? Good times, Barney. Good times.



As you know, some people do not need a costume to participate in Halloween festivities.


And I ran

I ran so far away!


Hazel got her panties in a bunch when some one complimented her on her costume. "I'm not wearing a costume!" she angrily scoffed.

(notice the lovely baggy panties)


BOO!

7 comments:

  1. Now I've got that song in my head. I remember those blow up things! I just loooove halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those panties will haunt me for awhile! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So FUNNY!! You make me laugh! Hope you had a fun Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love Hazel, and her baggy panties. UGH... thats disgusting!!

    Your hillarious, now where is your post on your cute children's Halloween costumes, and their sugar highs???

    ReplyDelete
  5. too funny I remember the year dad dressed up with a scary mask, coats and boots and went out with his giant sling shot scaring the kids as mom counted them. Those were the good ole days!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so sad about her underwear!!! OH My gOODNESS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you get those pictures? Those were hilarious!!! I don't even know what else to say, it made my night!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think... only if it compliments me and my, sometimes humorous, sometimes weird, sometimes creative, post! No meanies allowed!