I thought that once the Primary Program was over, my days would be full of "me-time". That I could finally do some yard work. That I would be able to blog on a regular basis. That I could take a long, warm, bubble, bath and eat bon bons.
Ohhh! Hohohohoho! Hahahahaha! I laugh at such nonsense!
I will be hosting a little dinner party with friends next week and because I freak... I have been preparing for it for the last couple of weeks. It's what I do. I freak.
In my process of freaking, the empty space above my front door was buggin'. So I whipped up this pumpkin banner.
If you want it to be, it can be totally "sew free". But the hand sewing that I did do, was easy.
The items you will need for this project is:
- 7 sheets of orange felt (can be found in any craft store)
- Heat-n-Bond (I buy mine by the roll from Walmart. I love this stuff!)
- 1 sheet of brown felt
- Coordinating fabric remnants for tops of pumpkins
- Large brads for the holes in the pumpkins (can be found in the scrap booking section)
- *Optional - Ribbons, buttons, embroidery floss, scrapbook items, etc., to embellish your pumpkins.
- Ribbon, tulle, ric rac or whatever you want to string your pumpkin banner on. (I used some brown tulle - approximately 2 yards)
- Glue gun
6. Attach the stems with a glue gun or do as I did - stitched them to the top of the pumpkins. (It's up to you)
7. Embellish! I embellished my pumpkins with some ribbons, appliques, embroidery stitching, and scrapbook items.
8. Use a hole punch or cut tiny slits with some scissors, on each side of the pumpkin. Attach the brad over the small holes.
9. String your ribbon, tulle, etc. through the holes.
Tah dah! There you have it...a fun pumpkin banner!