- the hubs is ripped! he was ripped before, but now he resembles a manly, muscular, male, specimen!
- there has been a great increase of watching EVERY cop show on tv. COPS, Wildest Police Chases... you name it, we dvr-it.
- cop lingo has been expressed quite frequently. Especially while viewing the above mentioned Cop shows. "That's a 10-75! Tazer! Pit maneuver! That's called assault, Mrs. L (me)"
- the hubs likes to practice defense tactics on poor Cody. He tried to practice some on me, but that quickly came to an end once I shot him a warning glare. He knows better, than to mess with me.
- Our home has been engulfed with Cop paraphernalia. Hand-cuffs, badge, utility belt, radio, gun, etc.
- no more facial hair. Oh how I miss that sexy goatee!
The training has been difficult, at times. There has been an incredible amount of muscle soreness and pain for him and there were some weeks that I took on the role as "single mother" while he stayed down there.
Needless to say, after many weeks of training, Steve graduated this past Thursday!
Simply said, I'm so proud of him.
I had high hopes of being able to sit and watch the entire graduation in the comfort of the auditorium seating. That didn't happen. At all.
Here is Cody and Conner before the graduation started. To start, Conner was enjoying his seat, by flipping the seat up and down, up and down. And see that sucker in his mouth...that was my own defense tactic.
In the next picture, where Cody is posing oh so nice, you can see where things began to unravel. And pretty soon it was pure chaos. Reinforcements were needed (Cody).
Here is the class of 284. These good people will be serving us in many departments. Some in the Game and Fish division, some in our jails, one of them on a bomb squad, sheriffs departments, and police departments.
Steve had the honor of receiving his certificate from his younger brother.
(see the female officer on the far left in the front row? she beat ALL of the recruits in push-ups! she RAWKS!)
Unfortunately, I was only able to hear and see the graduation off and on. This is the reason why.
The key-note speaker was really good. He was a retired cop, turned author/reporter. His speech was humorous and touching. And just at the pivotal moment when the speaker began to choke up a bit, as he talked about his wife, Conner escaped my grasp and attempted to run down to the first section of the auditorium. The section where the podium stood. The section where all of the graduates were sitting. The section where all of the big wigs were sitting. I quickly began to retrieve the escapee when he turned around, pointed at me and yelled, "GET AWAY!"
This is a common occurrence at our home.
And here is the moment when things really turned ugly. Homeboy is in the process of telling me to "Get Away" and "No Fowa Fo You"! (interpretation: No flower for you!) I have no idea where he got this from. But he does yell it to all of the naughty people in the cartons on tv.
He is the flower nazi.
Even though Conner isn't really showing his excitement for his daddy, in the picture above, I know that he is very proud of his daddy. We all are. And I'm looking forward to seeing Steve grow in his new career! Congratulations Steve! I love ya forever!