Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Did This!

Everyday Cody asks me if he can have a friend over or if he can play over at a friend's and I tell him, "You have to do your work." "What is my work?" he asks.



Hmmmmm... that's a good question. First and foremost he has to clean his room and make his bed everyday. But then my mind seems to go blank when I need to think of another job for him to do. I believe he knows this and takes full advantage of it.

So I made this yesterday. Isn't it loverly?



Conner, of course, will not be assigned any jobs yet, except for cleaning the toilets and scrubbing the floors on his hands and knees. "Start 'em young!" is what I say. Okay, maybe not.



I used Mod-Podge to adhere the scrapbook paper to the distressed board, then I used this machine...that has forever changed my life for the better. I "heart" my Cricut. (sigh) I used my Cricut to cut out the vinyl lettering. Then I forced my husband to help drill the holes and put in the hooks. I would've done it myself, but I like how his muscles twitch when they are in use.



I bought these "job chart" laminated cards from Quilted Bear. They have different categories for summer jobs, homework, scouts, etc.. There were some extra jobs that were not included in the pack, so I made my own. Now all Cody has to do is look at the cards for that certain day then turn them over when he is finished with the job. Simple. And, they are cute too.

Now scroll on down and look at my OCD Calendar post. I was feeling "feisty" and actually did two posts today.

12 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea! I could really use on of those for Nya and Corbin. I know that feeling of having your mind go blank. You know it, and they know it. They have won. Actually, at the moment Nya is upstairs scrubbing the bathtub. Hee Hee Hee Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I just have charts with how much they get paid for each job and how much they lose when they don't. Yours is much more creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So does this mean you'll make me one if I pay you because you and I both KNOW I have no talent in this department. It rocked my world to see you today. Life without Jen in it isn't life at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so cool. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jen!! You have to make me one!! Tell me how much you want! LOL!! I love it! You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. You ALWAYS come up with the cutest ideas. The best part is, you actually do what your thinking! I wait for the fairy to come do things for me. I haven't seen her.......ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am horrible - I haven't been over here forever, so I just spent a few minutes getting caught up. You are so hilarious and your boys are SO freaking cute I can hardly stand it. How is it that even when they are climbing on everything and making huge messes they are still the cutest things? Well...you know, they're cute afterwards.

    LOVE the chore chart - are you kidding me?? I'm totally making one, it's genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa you're pure genious Jen! You could make some serious cash off of your ideas. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is awesome! And so cute! I just love you! I wish we could all be more like you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea, I am going to totally steal it in a few years! Any great ideas on pooping in the potty? I am sure you could come up with something, your genius!

    Hey you mentioned in a comment on my blog that you digitally do your scrapbooking. What program do you use?

    Oh and I am so glad you love your cricut, I used to watch the info-mercial every friday and saturday. I wanted it soooo bad. I even cut out a picture and told my dad that's what I wanted for Christmas. Needless to say I didn't get it and have since forgotten about it, but now you have opened my eyes, and I am going to get one. Once the baby is here and settled of course.
    Oh and sorry for the novel comment, but really let me know what program you use.

    ReplyDelete
  12. loved it.. I really needed one of these when my kids were little. Now I'm happy if I can just get to see my kids once a day! LOL Let alone get them to do any work..

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think... only if it compliments me and my, sometimes humorous, sometimes weird, sometimes creative, post! No meanies allowed!