- What was your first thought when I told you that you were going to be a father for the first time?
Steve - Excited and worried. At the same time.
- And the second time?
Steve - More excited and.... finally!
Me - You weren't surprised? I was surprised. I thought you were surprised?
Steve - Well, no. We were doing things to get pregnant, ya know.
Me - What kinda things? No, I'm kidding. Don't answer that. This blog is rated G. Sorta.
- When I was going through the excruciating pain and torment of labor and giving birth, did you feel eternally grateful?
Steve - You mean, was I happy that it wasn't me going through this? Yeah!
Me - No! I mean were you grateful to me that I went through the excruciating pain and torment of pregnancy, labor, and giving birth? Oh, and breast feeding, just to bring your two mini-me's into this earth?
Steve - I don't know how to answer that.
Me- The answer is yes.
- Are you happy that you are a man and that you will never have to go through the pain and torture of pregnancy, labor, and child birth?
Steve - Sure. (followed by nervous laughter)
- What's your favorite thing about being a dad?
Steve - Ahhhhhhhh (he's thinking about it) Um, when I come home and I see their smiles and when I get to play with them and have fun.
- What do you think is the most important thing that you learned about being a dad, from your own dad?
Steve - Hmmmmmm..... (he's thinking about it) Hmmmmm..... (he's still thinking about it). I'll have to answer that one later. That's a hard one.
- What do you hope for your children, when they are grown up?
Steve - Hahahah. That they learn to be good workers and to keep on smiling through the hard times.
Me - Um, hello! What about the Gospel and stuff?
Steve - Well, ya. I hope that they live the Gospel standards and that they will find the truthfulness of the Gospel by searching it for themselves. And, of course, by our examples.
- What do you think the hardest thing is about being a dad?
Steve - Providing a living and saying "no" to things.
Me - Things?
Steve - Well when the kids see their friends or neighbors get stuff and I want them to learn to make goals and achieve them. No spoiled brats in our house!
- Was it love at first sight, when you first laid your eyes on me? Tell the truth.
Steve - Hahahaha! Of course! Hahahaha! I thought, "now there's a women I could marry!"
Me - Whatever!
Steve - No, really! I thought, "There's a woman!"
Me - Yeah, you had better say yes. Your just saying that because you have to live with me.
- Am I the woman of your dreams? Tell the truth.
Steve - Of course! Hahahaha! I dream about you and think about you all of the time.
Me - Yeah, I better be the women of your dreams.
Happy Father's Day to the Big Daddy, himself, Steve!
You are the man of my dreams and such a great dad!
Thank you for everything that you do!
Jennifer (the wife of your dreams)
Cody (eldest son, and soccer extraordinaire)
Conner (youngest son, cute baby)