Friday, February 4, 2011

Felt Ruffle Pomander - Tutorial


The Valentine Bug has bit me in the rear, and I recently made some Valentines Pomanders (a.k.a. balls). Lately you can't blog stalk any crafting blog without seeing ruffles. Ruffles on shirts, ruffles on pillows, ruffles on hair accessories. The ruffle pomanders are so easy!

To make ruffle pomanders, you will need the following:

  • felt
  • Styrofoam ball (I used a 4" ball for my ruffled pomanders)
  • ribbon
  • straight pins
  • scissors
  • glue gun



Step #1 - cut out approximately forty 2 3/4" circles of felt. I used a lid to a small plastic container and traced around it with a fabric marker.
Step #2 - place a dollop of glue on top of the styrofoam ball and place the ribbon on top of the glue. Secure it with a straight pin.
Step #3 - fold the felt circle in half, then in half again
Step #4 - attach the folded felt circle to the styrofoam ball with a straight pen at the bottom of the folded circle (I used small dollops of glue to secure some of the folded circles to the ball)
Step #5 - repeat step #4 until the entire ball is covered in ruffles. Fluff the ruffles.
I also used this same technique on a styrofoam heart (shown on the post, above). Be sure to pin ruffles on the outside of the heart, also!
Step #6 - have fun and brag to everyone how talented and clever you are!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think... only if it compliments me and my, sometimes humorous, sometimes weird, sometimes creative, post! No meanies allowed!