Wednesday, August 26, 2009

OCD Calendar - cleaning leather furniture

Yesterday I noticed something. I noticed that my leather couch was looking a little drab and I also noticed crusty, dried, up drips of various liquids (mainly milk and juice) that were left by, none other than, Conner.

Every 6 months or so I "deep clean" my leather furniture. When we purchased our couch, we were given a leather furniture cleaning kit. But it was kinda a pain in the rear to use. There were TWO different products that had to be applied to my furniture and it required buffing with a dry cloth in between each application. This is difficult to do when you have a mischievous toddler breathing down your neck.

The other week, as I was shopping in my local Walmart, my eye caught a glimpse of this lovely product.

The prospect of cutting my "leather furniture cleaning time" in half, was good enough of an excuse to purchase this product.


This was so much easier to use! I simply pulled a cleaning wipe out, cleaned the surface then wiped down with a dry cloth.
The section on the left is the "before" and the section on the right is the "after".
Not too shabby!
And now my heart sings with joy every time I sit my bum on my leather furniture!
Last week I had hoped to clean and organize my bedroom closet, but it just didn't happen. My excuses are: back to school preparations, Conner, Conner, and Conner.
This week I hope to accomplish that goal. Wish me luck!
I also plan on cleaning the basement family room walls. It's been quite a while since they have had a good wipe down, and I can even write my name in the accumulated dust. It's just not a good thing!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. I love those!! I use them every couple of months on my couches. It sure is tons easier than using those cleaning kits...and I think they work just as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love any cleaning product I can just pull out of a bottle then throw away. If I had leather couches I would use this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look very handy! Good luck tackeling everything else! Also I am glad you always post because I never have anything to read! So I look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use those leather wipes on my leather sofa and love seat. I LOVE them, now if I could just remember to do it more often. They really make a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish my couch was that easy to clean. The furniture store said use woolite and water in a spray bottle, this sometimes works. For the majority I have to get it shampooed by the carpet cleaners. UGH... It was supposed to be 'micro-fiber'-easy to clean- my but I think we got ripped off! Its more like a mix between micro-fiber and suede.

    And I use the same excuse Jaimen, Jaimen, and Jaimen. Oh and the time it takes to dry a couch :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so had the same problem with our leather couches! Milk spots, crusted who-knows-what. How fancy are those leather wipes?? Genius, I tell you.

    PS - I think I'm starting to enjoy cleaning. Seriously. I was never really opposed to it before, but I'm not dreading it. Looking forward to it, even! Is that how you feel all the time? A day in the life of 'Jen The Amazing'? Hmmm, I feel a blog post coming on. I swear, I always get ideas for posting when I leave a comment on here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for this tip. My leather couches look terrible and I just discovered spots all over the back of mine too - how did those get there? Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog!! Spacify offers exclusive range of Leather Furniture and more with the latest trends and designs.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think... only if it compliments me and my, sometimes humorous, sometimes weird, sometimes creative, post! No meanies allowed!