A few weeks ago I got an itch. It was an itch to create something. Something that could pass as one of my Fourth of July decor items or just be cute all year.
It was fairly easy. I say fairly because it was a bit of a pain in the rear to figure out the templates. I bought a template kit from Ben Franklin Crafts for fifty cents. The problem was that part of the templates were not copied right and end pieces were cut off. And you couldn't tell they were cut off. So annoying!
I cut the pieces out for one of the arms of the star and tried to arrange them on the star before I decoupaged them down. Nothing was matching! So I ended up just making my own templates. And that turned out to be easier. Doh!