Thursday, March 17, 2011

Not a fan

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, we celebrated it by dressing up as a "supa hewo" and ate burritos and tacos for lunch. We are culturally diverse that way.


Conner insisted on wearing his costume today. In his own words he stated, "I wear my supa hewo costume, so evwee-wone can see me!" I told him it was St. Patrick's Day today and that he was suppose to wear green. His response was... "Dat's stupid!" And the way he said it - well, there was a hint of hostility in that response. I couldn't blame him.


It's no secret that I'm not much of a fan of the St. Patrick's Day. Flashbacks of being pinched, even though the stupid kids didn't notice that I WAS wearing green, are enough to make me wanna punch a leprechaun. Oh, I'm a fan of the color green! A big fan! It's the fact that one can be constantly pinched, over and over again for their choice of colored apparel, that ticks me off. I would finally resort to telling my fellow classmates that my eyes are green and that should be good enough! Dorks.

And then there is the fact that I'm not Irish. Hello! Not Irish! The holiday is suppose to be a religious holiday, which is often celebrated by getting drunk. Well of course! It's so obvious that one needs to get drunk on a RELIGIOUS holiday. Sheesh.


And then there's the whole turning your food green for your kids... I just read a comment on Facebook that this certain family was going to eat green chicken. Really? To me, that's just going too far. Green rice crispy treats - I'm a fan. Green pancakes - fan, also. Green eggs - not so much. I admire the mothers that go to such lengths for their children! I just know that with my kids, all of that food would go to waste. There is NO WAY Homey and Homeboy would eat green eggs!

Homeboy striking his "supa hewo" pose at the Mexican restaurant, on St. Patrick's Day.


Supa Hewo is able to climb tall walls, in a single bound. Then trip and fall, and take his anger out on the "tall wall" by kicking it. He has anger issues.

I know some of you are thinking, "how can you not be a fan of St. Patrick's Day?!?!?!" Well, I don't totally hate it.



Bagpipers - I'm a fan!



Creepy, little, men, wearing pointy shoes and smoking pipes - not a fan.


Green clovers - big fan. Look how pretty these are!


Lord of the Dance - fan. Even though he is dorky.


Liam Neeson - BIG fan. And it's fun saying his name with my awful, Irish accent.



Although I'm not much of a fan of the Irish holiday, I am a fan of the country and the people! What a beautiful country and such passionate people! You just won't catch me pinching people, eating green chicken or eggs and chasing weird, angry, little men.






Let me take a wild guess...

I'm thinkin' this guy isn't Irish either.









2 comments:

  1. We did enjoy our green pancakes and milk Thursday, and my kooky kids even got a little upset that the eggs were not green. I think I've made green chicken before but not on purpose and one more thing why does clover look so pretty in that picture and make me so upset in my yard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!! I AM Irish and love the "holiday", although I don't resort to getting drunk or chasing tiny green men. I don't think green eggs sound all that great but I have been known to make green pancakes or green cakes on St. Patty's day. I'm not a fan of pinching but I do love green and any excuse for people to do silly things like leave coins in their children's shoes "from the leprechauns". My sister messed up her house while her kids were at school and claimed that the wild leprechauns must have done it. The kids thought it was hilarious!

    Soooo funny that Connor said that wearing green is stupid and went with the super hero costume instead. Hahahahaaa!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think... only if it compliments me and my, sometimes humorous, sometimes weird, sometimes creative, post! No meanies allowed!