Wednesday, April 15, 2009

OCD Calendar

It's been a while my friends, but don't worry, my OCD tendencies didn't rest too much. I just failed miserably to post about them.

In my 'posting absence', I did a little of this...


Whoa Nelly! I just got chills up my spine!



And yes, my spices are in alphabetical order. I know, it's so 'Sleeping with the Enemy-ish' (for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about...it's a movie with Julia Roberts. Rent it. It'll creep you out.) It's a sickness. I need help.

I also did a little of this...



My youngest punk's room wasn't much of a mess, but I needed to go through his clothes and I thought it was about time for me to put my breast pump away in storage. You know, since I haven't used it for 16 months.

Isn't there something so endearing about a child's nursery?




So sweet.


So innocent.
But then a few minutes later, this happens. Hey, at least his walls are clean.



So here's the plan for this week.
  • finish cleaning and organizing the kitchen cupboards/cabinets. This includes the outside of them, also! You can refer to this previous post about how I clean my cupboards/cabinets. (CLICK HERE)

  • clean behind and under the refrigerator. This can be a scary job, but I have faith in you! Remember to wipe down the sides, back and top with a wet soapy rag. If you have stuck on ick that just isn't budging, use one of those amazing 'Magic Erasers'. They are truly miraculous! Have I mentioned before, that I'm having a secret love affair with them? Wipe down the walls, sweep and mop the floor underneath the refrigerator. Then last but not least, unplug the refrigerator and use your handy-dandy vacuum attachments to suck out the dust, legos and shriveled up apple cores, that are caught in the coils. (Don't forget to unplug your fridge when you perform this last task! I don't want to hear about one of my bloggy friends being shocked. Frankly, I would prefer your hair to stay in the downward fashion.)


BZZZZZZT!!!!!!


  • wash the light fixtures in the kitchen.

With the can lights, I usually just use my extend-ible duster to dust the cob webs from inside of the canisters. As for my hanging light fixtures, I fill my kitchen sink with very, warm, soapy water. I carefully remove the glass fixtures and let them soak in the water for a few minutes. Then I wash them with a rag and rinse them. You can set them on a drainer or towel and let them air dry, or dry them with a dish towel. Remember to wipe the light bulbs with a soft dish towel. This will help 'brighten' the light they illuminate!


To clean a crystal chandelier, hang an open umbrella's handle over one of the light fixture's arms, upside down. This will catch dust and dripping water. Dust the crystals, bulbs, and arms with a soft, extend-ible duster. Preferably a lamb's wool duster. Then mix a 50/50 solution of water and vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray the crystals with the cleaning solution then let them drip the dirty water into the umbrella! No scrubbing! That's the way to do it!



  • last but not least, wash the walls going down a stair way. If your home does not have stairs, then wash another wall in your home. Any wall!

As promised I am going to share some of the amazing cleaning/organizing tips that YOU shared with me, during my last give away! Every time I read a new tip in your comments, my heart fluttered with joy! (by the way, I will be having this month's give away some time next week! I know! I can't wait either!)


Becca suggested using Windex on your faucets! She said your faucets will be so shiny! Heck, add a flashlight, flashing light against those shiny faucets, some techno dance music, and some awesome dance moves, you can have your own dance club in with in the walls of your bathroom! Woot! Woot!


Jennie has been to China. Her sweet family adopted a baby girl from there and have kept a massive supply of chop sticks in stock, in their humble home. She wraps those sticks in a rag to clean those 'hard to get areas'. Who knew chop sticks could be used in your cleaning adventures. Genius! Wait, I just thought of another purpose for them...to clean out ear wax! Okay, I'll stop now.


Can I just tell ya, there are some amazing women out there with some amazing tips! You gals rock!


7 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed. Could you come over some time because my cabinets are bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are amazing and I don't think you even realize it! I am glad you liked the windex idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After all the teasing you have done to your poor brother about alphabetizing his cd collection! I'm shocked! I think you have officially won the OCD Parry challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey how much to rent you for a month?? You know you make the rest of us look bad!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maran,

    You made me laugh when you reminded me about Brian alphabetizing his cd's. Okay, so maybe I am just as bad. But, I'm still not as anal as him about shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I am still amazed at that spice cabinet. Also the monkey freaked me out. He came without warning.

    You are one clean momma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have a clean house yet! One of these days, LOL! Love your cleaning tips :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think... only if it compliments me and my, sometimes humorous, sometimes weird, sometimes creative, post! No meanies allowed!